Malanga flour is a 100% naturally gluten-free flour variant of the Malanga root. Malanga has been used in South America for thousands of years as a traditional medicine for stomach and intestinal complaints. It is easily digested and contains easily absorbable nutrition, this is thanks to its high quality, small starch granules.
Malanga flour is naturally rich in fiber and hypoallergenic. Foods based on Malanga flour provide quick satiety and have a gradual energy release that keeps you feeling full and energized for longer. In addition, despite its high carbohydrates, it has little impact on blood sugar levels, this is partly due to the high fiber content. This makes it also suitable for diabetics. Malanga flour also has prebiotic effects which contribute to a healthy gut.
Of which saturated
Of which sugars
1469kJ / 351 kcal
With the addition of Malanga flour, you can quickly and easily turn your dish or baking creation into a prebiotic, high-fiber, and easily digestible end product that provides fast satiety and long-lasting energy.
1. Use Malanga flour as (gluten-free) flour for cooking, baking, frying, and pastry. Wheat flour can be completely or partially replaced by Malanga flour. However, please note the following:
- Malana flour has a higher absorption of moisture. Therefore add more liquids.
- Malana flour works well with (healthy) fats. Therefore try, for example, butter or cottage cheese/yogurt.
- Malanga flour has a nutty and mildly spicey flavor and is best appreciated in combination with a flour variant with a neutral taste. Try for example 50% Malanga flour with 50% Tapioca flour, Plantain flour, Rice flour, or wheat flour in cakes, cookies, or pancakes.
2. Use as a (gluten-free) binder. Malanga flour is a very good binder. Malanga flour has the advantage that it does not 'after-bind' and has no binding loss. This means that after a few days, you still have the same result as on the day that the dish was prepared. It can also be put in the refrigerator or freezer without getting a "spongy" effect, which is something that frequently happens with other binders.
Want to know what more we can do for you? Don't hesitate to contact us!contact us!